India Canada Association of Sudbury, Canada was established 30 years ago as a non-profit, non-political community organization. The objectives of the India-Canada Association of Sudbury shall be for purpose of :
- Developing and fostering community spirit among its members.
- Promoting organized arts, recreational, educational, social service, athletic and other community endeavors of interest to its members.
- Promoting the best interests of the East Indian Community of Sudbury generally.
- Organizing cultural and recreational events in order to promote East Indian heritage and culture.
- Promoting lectures, workshops, classes and seminars in East Indian music, art, language and culture related activities.
- Organizing competitions and exhibitions and granting prizes, awards and distinctions.
- Rendering assistance to new immigrants and new comers to Sudbury who are of East Indian Origin.
- Preserving the historical heritage and providing educational programs to increase public awareness of Indian Culture.
- Encouraging and promoting voluntarism in the community through systematic communication and programs.
- Participating in the activities of similar other organizations in North America.
- Establishing and operating a resource center to manage and facilitate the activities of the association and to encourage and promote inter-cultural interaction with other ethnic communities of Sudbury and North Eastern Ontario through trust funds, public donations, legacies and governmental assistance for capital and operational expenses,
- Any other activities not inconsistent with the above said objects.
- Accepting donations, gifts, legacies and using funds as received together will interest accumulated thereon for the aforesaid purposes.
Sign up here to get letest updates